Saturday, March 24, 2012

Final Blog 20%

Due week 14, Friday 13th June

Self-assessed.

Reflective practice is a vital part of your engagement with this course. Being able to demonstrate that you are able to draw on your experience, reflect and act upon it is important to your revelopment as a media practitioner and researcher.

You are required to assess yourself against a number of obvious criteria. You need to provide both a written response to the following headings and grade yourself. (No less than 250 words per section but as many as you may like)

It is suggested that I discuss the following:
  • ROLE - as it evolved/changed throughout the project, my position and function within my group structure, the issues I faced and my part in formulating solutions
  • PROGRESS - in my research capability, in observing my learning behaviours, in identifying my strengths and weaknesses
  • STRATEGIES - research strategies, collaborative strategies and personal learning strategies. Which ones did I ty, how appropriate were the choices I made, what did/didn't work?
  • PROBLEMS - nominate a few key problems or difficulties that I faced and discuss how I resolved these
  • CONNECTIONS AND INTERSECTIONS - what did I see as the value of this course, what have I learnt overall about my problem solving skills, my learning, my group interactions and my networking abilities? How do I see what I have learnt about myself via the process the content of our research fitting into my future career development and work?


There should be links to earlier blog entries to support my claims.

Those assignments which draw on regular blog entries throughout he semester that demonstrate ongoing engagement with reflective practice in the course, that show considerable insight into the student's own development, that engage deeply with the topics as outlined above and fulfil other requirements such as proper referencing, will attract the highest marks.


Let the reflective blogging begin...



No comments:

Post a Comment