Thursday, October 11, 2012

28 Minutes Later: In Television


I found this seminar enjoyable because it seemed rather well planned. I gave them a D for the content being focused and relevant, because although they covered a lot of interesting areas like how comedy translates from production to onscreen and the best ways to pitch a show, I felt there could have been more content on how to actually break into the industry in the first place. I gave the group an HD for their guests being relevant, because I thought their choice of guests was quite diverse and they all had quite different experiences and personalities but brought something different to the discussion. I did find Matthew Saville’s contributions to be particularly entertaining given his comedic streak and frank honesty. It was a shame that their one female guest pulled out at the last minute, and so the panel was all male. I gave this group a D for seminar facilitation, as I found it was put together quite well but I thought the flow of conversation was a little bit awkward at times. I did however think that the production values of the trailer they made were very high. I also liked the way they had structured it in bringing each of the guests to the stage individually to talk to them on their own before starting the panel discussion. This let us get to know the individual guests a lot better and allowed the chance for them to share important information such as their own story of how they got into the television industry. I awarded this group a D for audience inclusion, because although they did have a Twitter feed there wasn’t much other opportunity for participation. And finally I gave them an HD for the promotion of the seminar, because I saw a lot of flyers on campus as well as material online promoting the seminar, and again I was really impressed with the trailer they created for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment