Thursday, October 11, 2012

Digging Up the Truth: In Documentary


Digging up the Truth: In Documentary was the most popular of the seminars, probably because of one particularly notable guest, John Safran. I gave the group an D for the seminar content being focused and relevant. I found that the fact that they had four guests instead of three meant that a broad range of diverse topics and perspectives were inevitably brought up. I found it particularly interesting when they were discussion the possibilities of interactive documentaries in the future as a result of the gradual integration of the internet in documentary story-telling. I do think they could have had a little more on how to break into the industry though. I gave them an HD for their guests being relevant to the topic, and liked how all of them had had substantial careers already and so had a lot to talk about. I appreciated the fact that they had a mixture of both females and males as well. Obviously a lot of people were there to see John Safran and he didn’t point, being both funny and informative in his contributions. I gave the seminar facilitation quality an HD, as I found it ran very smoothly and they had no problems with all the mini trailers they ran for each of the guests. Little things such as the pamphlet and flyers also looked great. I also found Andrew to be a really comfortable host and did really well to get the conversation going. The group got an HD for audience inclusion for the incorporation and actual use of the twitter feed, as well as the Q&A session at the end. And finally I gave them an HD for the promotion of the week’s seminar, because there was a lot of activity both offline and online marketing the seminar in the week leading up to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment